3.15.2007

Film Journal 3/15

I'm currently working on my 9/11 project for class, and it's almost surreal cutting those events to music... especially in the way that I'm doing so. I recieved 12 hours of footage from the Fox News Channel from 9/11/01 in the mail today (c/o eBay), and I've started going through it to see what I've got... and I almost feel like I'm exploiting the event for creativity, but I assure you (and me) that I'm not!

I really want to try and provide my perspective on that particular day's events, without getting too political or anything. I hate Mr. Bush and his war, but this project is not the place to make those statements. What I do want to say in this project is that the TV media did a great job in freaking us out that day, when they should have been trying to calm us down (considering the terrorists wanted us to be, well, "terrified").

So I'll start keeping you updated on how that's going, but so far so good. I like what I've got, even if it is sort of odd.

No comments: