3.06.2007

Film Journal 3/6

I wish there were a better way to light night shots to make them look like what it actually looks like to the human eye at night. Perhaps this is too dark to be aesthetically pleasing, I'm not sure, but I do know that it almost never actually look like "night" when you see ext. night shots in movies.

I recall one scene in Red Shadow: Akakage (I believe) where they shot day for night by putting a dark blue filter over everything. It looked cool, but it didn't quite look like real night. I should look into being able to do that...

1 comment:

Lindsey in Lawrence said...

There's a scene in Pan's Labyrinth where I think they did the same filter thing...it looks eerie, which fits with the movie...but you're right, it's never quite the same.

That should be your opus...figuring out how to do that! ;-)