6.10.2007

"buy the sun... I'm selling the night"

I've been grieving multiple losses lately-- both on my behalf and on the behalf of others-- and this seems to have come to a head in the form of a humorous short story loosely based on the idea (see last post) and now this short film I put together in all of about five minutes (it made me five minutes late to something).

It's abstract and self-indulgent, so I don't expect anybody to really understand exactly what I meant in this piece, but if anyone sees meaning of their own then great. I'll probably take this post down in a day or two, because that's how you deal with grief: you allow it in for a little while, then you let it go. I'll be letting this video go from my blog soon. This goes out to Lindsey Smith and the rest of Kelsey Smith's family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I should talk about the movie with you as a film student... or just thank you for sharing it.

If you feel like talking about it, I would ask if you've seen "Dead Man", and I would ask you where that guitar music you used came from.

Muriel