2.09.2007

Film Journal 2/9

I have no idea whether or not I should want to see Dead Silence when it comes out. It's the new one by James Wan and Leigh Whannel, the two kids from Australia who made a short film, and sold Lion's Gate on making it into a feature called Saw. Yes yes yes, I genuinely enjoyed Saw. It's not classic cinema by any means but it's a very interesting horror film, especially in conjunction with the second movie, written and directed by Darren Lynn Bousman (who's from my hometown).Anyway, so now you know I'm a total sucker for bad horror movies... but even I'm not sure that Dead Silence looks all that good... or all that scary for that matter. Maybe I'm just not afraid of dolls or something, but it just doesn't look like it has that same raw feel that the first movie had... but then again, the third Saw movie didn't have it either...

No comments: