2.01.2007

Film Journal 2/1

Are music videos hack work? It seems that most feature film directors these days started with a few silly music videos for alternative rock bands-- and quite frankly, that sounds like a ball to me. I feel one of my strong suits as an editor is editing to music. Here's is a sample of my work with music: it's basically a preview for my zombie Dead Reckoning, but more so it's a music video I made using the footage I shot for Dead Reckoning.

I can't see not being proud of music video work, although I can see growing tired of it as a professional film maker if I get stuck in that role. Sorry, no great film review of movie ideas today, just pondering career choices. In the mean time, I don't think I'll quit music videos...

1 comment:

Mermaid said...

Excellent. My favorite part was the shot of all the feet as the people braced against the fence.